Project Lead the Way - Keeping Engineering, Technology and Biomedical Sciences Strong in this Country
By David Mezzapelle
There has been much discussion about the outsourcing of engineering and technology jobs in this country. There has also been much discussion about the drop-out rate of students in engineering programs as well. While this all may be true, people don’t realize that this country holds massive opportunities in these sectors.
Only 20% of engineering-related companies outsource. The remaining 80% still pull from talent in their local communities. This means that there are endless opportunities for students but they need to be made aware of them and understand the benefits of an engineering/technology education.
An organization called “Project Lead the Way” is making great strides throughout the US by offering programs & curriculums that train young people (middle and high school) in these industries. These young people are then heading into college with a jumpstart in engineering and most likely a lucrative career when they graduate.
Project Lead The Way is a national 501 c3, not-for-profit educational program that helps give middle and high school students the rigorous ground-level education they need to develop strong backgrounds in science and engineering. They create dynamic partnerships with our nation’s schools to prepare an increasing and more diverse group of students to be successful in engineering, engineering technology and biomedical sciences.
For more information, please click here to be directed to their informative website:
About GoliathJobs & GoliathJobsOver50:
GoliathJobs is a free web-based employment service for students & alumni. We connect employers to active & passive job seekers via schools, alma maters, professional associations, social networks & other job boards. GoliathJobsOver50, launching soon, is a dedicated employment portal for baby boomers & retirees.